what a week!

Wow!! This week has probably been the longest week of my life! For real though.. it just keeps going, one things after another after another. But i will say this, although it had the potential to be the worst week of my life, i have realized so many blessings, which has made it seem so much better. 

Some of you may know, but my boyfriend, who is also my best friend, left for his mission this past wednesday. We have dated for the past year and a half, and we have known each other since we were in fourth grade. We became close friends way back in ninth grade, and have always kind of known that we had a certain "thing" for each other. So for quite some time now, i have been dreading this week. I have had many friends go through this same kind of deal, so i had an idea of what i was getting myself into... oh wait! No i didn't! Saying goodbye was so hard! i dunno i knew i would see him eventually.. but still, i have talked everyday with this kid for the past year and a half, and now, i am almost completely cut off? It doesn't seem fair sometimes.

But I have no doubt that what he is doing is right. He is going to be an awesome missionary. I am so excited for him to go to Mozambique and teach all the people! And i am stoked for him to learn to speak Portuguese. That's going to be sweet when he gets home! His mission will make him an even more amazing guy and i cant express how grateful i am that he chose to serve!

So, people keep asking how are you?? are you doing ok Haley? And the answer is.. Yes! i am great. Honestly. Now, obviously there are some hard times, but i get through it. I am so grateful for my wonderful friends. They have been so good to me, and are always there when i need to talk. I am not one who shows my emotions, so it is so nice to have such great friends who are there regardless of the time, or place. Even people that i didn't know were aware of my situation were so cute about it. Loren Petersen and Allie Morgan brought me over some cookies the other night. Such a small act, but it made me feel so loved and cared for. Even the little girls at my work were so concerned about me. They were fully aware of the whole "event" and told me on numerous occasions that they had the biggest crushes on Ben.-- who could blame them? he was soo cute with them. My conversation with them went like this..
Lexi: "Haley did you cry a lot when Ben left?"
me: "Yes i did.. but i am good now!"
Lexi: "When do you get to talk to him"
me: "oh not until around Christmas."
Lexi: (looking shocked and very disappointed) "well do you have his number?"
me : "no why?"
Lexi: "because i need to call him and tell him he needs to call you! (pause) and i miss him so much!"

I loved this little story! and i love my job. Although it is crazy, and sometimes so annoying.. i love my little kids, and they truly have helped me so much! I love my family, friends, and I am so glad this week is finally over!
Thanks to everyone!


No comments

I love comments!