Smart Hay.. Real Smart


Last monday i went to the computer center to do some research on an argumentative presentation i had to prepare. This class is only once a week and really isn't too strenuous. i pulled out my syllabus.. and realized very quickly that i had FORGOTTEN to take a test the week before. I immediately freaked. I have NEVER in my life not turned in an assignment, never not taken a test, and never turned anything in late. How the crap did i completely SPACE taking a 100 point test?

I honestly felt like i was going to pass out. i put my head on the desk and sat there for good 5 minutes repeating... How the crap!? What was i doing the previous thursday that was so important that i forgot to take a test? Oh yeah.. that day was April Fools. My roommates and i were busy pulling pranks on our neighbors. We were dying Easter eggs. We were playing with water guns til 2 in the morning. We were throwing confetti filled eggs at people. All awesome reasons not to take a test right?


Our "Water Gun Experiment" that we were busy doing while i should have been taking a test.

Luckily my good friend Ammon was there to 'laugh it off' with me. It was the weirdest feeling.. i was so devastated but i wasn't too worried about it for some reason. Yes-this meant i was probably going to end up with a B..maybe a C if i didn't ace my final speech, and my final test. SHIZZZ. Talk about pressure. I called my mom. She had the same response as Ammon.. she LAUGHED. My roommates-Same reaction. Laughing?! I was so confused why everyone thought this was so funny? CUZ it definitely wasnt.. WHAT THE HECK PEOPLE!

Well long story short.. I didnt say anything to my professor.. i was too scared, and i knew i didnt deserve to take the test. Plus he is a good argue-er ..hence he teaches Argumentation and Critical Thinking. I dont regret not taking the test because i learned a lot of valuable lessons from this experience.
1. play time is always more fun than study time
2. I became closer with my friends that day-we had some great experiences that i will remember forever.
3. Maybe i should buy a planner?
4. Life isn't over when something unfortunate happens. Life goes on.
and #5 comes from my mom who said..
5. At least it didn't have any Eternal Consequence.

How true is that? Sometimes i get so caught up with stuff.. that really doesn't matter. Yes, education is important. But i had more valuable experiences and learned more from NOT taking the test than i would have if i took the test. I am grateful for those who were there for me that day to laugh it off with and the lesson that they taught me that ..
life really does go on!

No comments

I love comments!