the best dinner everrr

So we all know that I am not much of a cook. But thanks to the saving grace of my dearest neighbor's blog.. Baking With Blondie.. i have come to have [some] confidence in the kitchen. This is a recipe I found on her blog that has become one of mine and Ammon's favorites. It is superrr easy and relatively quick to prepare.

I got this image from the Banking with Blondie website. I have ZERO talent taking pics of food.. sooo i hope she doesnt mind i shared hers :)


Mexican Chicken Stuffed Shells.
1lb shredded chicken (I use the canned kind from costco..2 cans)
1/2 package low-sodium taco seasoning
4 ounces cream cheese.
20ish jumbo shells (i usually just boil the whole box)
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 cup enchilada sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup moterrey jack cheese ( I just use mexican blend)

Here's what you do:

Combine shredded chicken, taco seasoning, and [melted] cream cheese in a bowl.
Prepare the pasta shells according to the box directions.
place the noodles on wax paper so they don't stick together while they cool.
Stuff the shells with the chicken mixture.
Fill the bottom of a 13x9 pan with the salsa.
Place the stuffed pasta shells in the dish.
Pour the enchilada sauce on top of all the shells.

Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Uncover and scatter cheese on top of the shells.
Cook for 15 more minutes uncovered.

I like to eat mine with sour cream. Mandy, suggests topping with olives and cloves. Either way.. these things are DELISH and easy to make!

According to Mandy's blog, "I found this recipe on The Girl Who Ate Everything, but it looks like it isn't her recipe. The original recipe is found on The Way to His Heart. Both great websites, but I wanted to make sure the original got it's fair dues."

1 comment

  1. YOU ROCK, woman. I could kiss your happy face right now! Thank you so much for the shout-out, and for trying my food in the first place :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!