Some background on the story

As mentioned in my previous post, things with ammon were sort of complicated from the start. I was writing a missionary who *I SWORE* I was going to marry. I planned on writing him his whole mission.. after all we had been close friends since 4th grade and I thought our relationship was perfect. There hadn't really been any promises that I would wait, but I had told him that if I wasn't married when he got home I would at least give him a shot. I also knew (and he knew too) that I was not going to be a girl that sat on her butt and didn't date while he was gone. I liked dating and i looked forward to "confirming" that he was the one for me. hahah! so funny saying that now. Well... while i may have caused the majority of the problems with Ammon and I's relationship.. He too was not in the easiest situation when we met.

Ammon left on his mission to Japan after his freshman year of college. During that year at Dixie, he met a girl that things got pretty serious with. He left on his mission.. and they too, had the same plan as my missionary and myself. WELL... about 6 months into Am's mission... the dreaded letter came. YUP he was Dear Johned. To make matters even more ironic she ended up marrying one of his teammates at Dixie! Well, to this day Ammon says that while it sucked at the time, he really wasn't too heartbroken about it and accounts that to his mission. [enter new girl into the story]. Ammon had a really good friend in high school who was also writing him while he was gone. There wasn't much romantic history between the two of them, but they had always been close friends. As his mission continued, their relationship also began to grow. Not anything too crazy obviously, but he was excited to see what was going to happen when he got home. Long story short.. they dated for awhile when he got home.. were officially together for a matter of a few weeks, and then.....she broke up with him. She didn't really give him a good reason why.. and he was pretty sad about it at all the time. (It's so weird because i can remember this time... I had talked to our mutual friend about ammon casually and he said "oh he has a girlfriend and they are getting married".. so i knew it couldn't have been an easy break up.)

A few weeks/months later [i don't really know] is when Ammon and I had our first date. On that night he told me all about his previous relationship and I told him about my missionary. SO CRAZY to think that I actually told Am about him! In the days following our first date Ammon and I continued to talk and text all the time...he surprised me with his wittiness and humor, and I surprised him with our ability to hold an interesting conversation all day long. We went on a few dates and then.. well that will just have to take another post or two to tell THAT story. probably more like 5 or 6, but I will try to keep it short and sweet for you readers :) stay tuned I promise I will write more!

4 comments

  1. can i just tell you much i admire you for not sitting around while he was serving. i have always hated the concept of waiting for your missionary. if it's meant to be, it will work out, no need to avoid social contact with all other boys... it's important to keep living! missions change people, why should we be the exact same when they return. woaaaa, that turned into a rant that was only supposed to be a sentence, sorry! i love hearing these dating stories hay! keep them coming! ps. dixie college changing their name... can i get an amen in saying STUPID!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't even worry.. I have quite the post written about my opinions on 'waiting' for a missionary. It completely freaks me out to think what my life would be if I wouldn't have dated. I would have never met ammon.. and then what? basically my whole eternity would be different. Obviously every situation is different.. but the Lord knows all. Maybe one day I will have the guts to actually post what I have written... :) Yeah.. the Dixie thing is nice to be over with.. I'm glad its a university now though.. maybe i'll go back for my masters!

      ...hahahahha not.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks ash! maybe one day this whole story with be documented

      Delete

I love comments!